Chocka blocka sweet sundae. Ok I made the name up, but that just sums up this sundae it’s packed up with chocs and sweets. You couldn’t really eat these all the time but for an extra special treat they’re fab.
I’ve been putting up a few midweek meal recipes, so thought I would sweeten it up with a dessert recipe. Of course you can use whatever ice-cream flavour you want, and fill it with whatever sweets you want. You can add squirty cream and a cherry, add sprinkles just what ever takes your fancy.
This is what we used:
1 litre tub Carte D’or ice cream
2 standard Crunchie bars
2 standard bags of Maltesers
2 standard bags of chocolate M&Ms
a handful of mini marshmallows
for the sauce
4 standard Mars bars
3 tbsp milk
ice cream sundae glasses £1.29 from ASDA
- Scoop all the ice-cream into a bowl. You made need to leave it a few minutes to let it soften.
- Add the Maltesers and the M&MS and stir until all mixed in.
- Divide the mixture between your bowls and glasses, we made 6 sundaes.
- Put the sundaes into the freezer while making the sauce.
- Chop the mars bars into small chunks and put in a heatproof bowl, add the milk.
- Heat in the bowl over a pan of simmering water stirring continuously until the Mars bars have melted completely and your left with smooth sauce ( This can take a while)
- Crunch up the Crunchie bars with a rolling pin, leaving small chunks and a few large chunks.
- Remove the sundaes from the freezer and add the crunchie chunks and a few mini marshmallows
- Finally spoon over the Mars bar sauce, get a spoon and dig in.
Obviously they were a big hit with the kids, and they have wanted to make them every weekend since. Next time we’ll mix it up a bit maybe a different flavour ice cream and some berries and strawberry sauce. I’ll pop it on here if we do.
See you soon