This weeks mid week meal is an Instant Pot slow cooked lamb stew.
I’ve not made a lamb stew before, and wasn’t sure if the kids would like it. In fact the only lamb they’ve ever had is lamb mince when we made the lamb kebabs.
So with that in mind I only bought a small 250g pack of lamb, when normally I would get 500g.
500g diced lamb
8 small potatoes halved
4 carrots sliced
8 shallot onions halved
100g button mushrooms sliced
Green beans trimmed and halved
A pinch of Rosemary
A pinch of Oregano
Freshly chopped mint
1 tbsp plain flour
2 chicken or veg stock cubes
Salt and pepper
1. In a pan brown off the lamb.
2. Transfer to the Instant Pot or a slow cooker
3. Move onto the vegetables, slice the carrots,
and the button mushrooms.
4. Halve the potatoes and the shallot onions.
5. Trim the green beans and slice in half. Add all the veggies to the pot.
6. Make 250 ml of stock, you can use whichever stock you, I used chicken, but beef or vegetable is fine. Pour over the meat and vegetables.
7. Add all your seasoning to the pot, again adding whichever herbs you like.
8. Give it a good mix.
9. Cook on low for 8/9 hours or high for 5/6 hours, adding flour 15 minutes before the end to thicken the stock.
You can parboil the potatoes if they are on the large size, or leave them out all together and serve over a bed if mash. All veggies are optional and can be exchanged for things like turnip, leeks or peas.
We had ours with bread roll. The kids liked it, especially the lamb, it was so tender. Stews and casseroles are not the kids favourite meals, but they did say it was nice. So I’ll take that!
See you soon