I didn’t know what to call this recipe, so I kept it basic with red sauce lasagne. I don’t like Béchamel sauce, and the kids have never had it. So to stay safe I opted to keep it with just the tomato based sauce.
I haven’t had Lasagne for years, so this was like a new one for me. So for this recipe I used a pre-made Dolmio lasagne sauce, but next time I would make it myself.
750g mince beef
1 box of lasagne sheets
I jar Dolmio lasagne sauce
1 onion sliced
2 cloves of chopped garlic
2 sticks of sliced celery
A handful of sliced mushroom
1 tsp italian seasoning
1 tsp basil
grated cheese and/ or mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 180, and brown off the mince in a large pan.
- Brush a large rectangular ovenproof dish with oil.
- Add the onions, mushrooms, garlic, celery and herbs to the mince.
- Season with salt and pepper and simmer for a further 20 mins.
- At the same time you can boil your pasta sheets for a few minutes, although this isn’t strictly necessary.
- Layer the bottom of the dish with the mince, then add the sauce and finally layer on the pasta sheets.
- Repeat this process twice more or however much you can with your dish and ingredients.
- layer the top with grated cheese or mozzarella and parmesan.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
Cerise and I are the only ones that like cheese, so I didn’t go to mad with it. I also had our oven at 2oo by mistake and so the corners had just started to crisp up, but the rest was fine.
I was really surprised when everyone liked it, I honestly thought this would be one of those that never gets cooked again, but it was a hit and I’m really glad. I would know next time how to make my own sauce. I also wasn’t sure what to have with it. Chips seem a bit too carb heavy and veggies didn’t feel right either, so we went with a salad and it was just enough.
I can’t wait to make this one again.
See you soon