Instant Pot Chilli And Rice
I haven’t done a midweek recipe for a while, and I thought I’d already put a chilli recipe up. Looking for one last week, I realized I hadn’t so that’s what I’m going with.
I’ve been making this chilli for well over a decade, it was probably the first meal I ever cooked in a slow cooker, and it’s one of those rare meals that everyone loves.
1 tbsp vegetable oil
750g ground minced beef
1 red bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 green chilli
1 red chilli
120g button mushrooms
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g can red kidney beans
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tsp mild chilli powder
1 tbsp mixed herbs
1 beef stock cube
Salt and pepper
1. Heat the oil, either in a pan or on sauté mode on an Instant Pot. Add the mince, one browned drain off excess oil.
2. Slice the onions and sauté with the mince. Dissolve the stock cube in hot water and add to the pot.
3. Slice the peppers, chillies and mushrooms and add to the pot along with the can of chopped tomatoes, can of kidney beans and tomato puree. Stir well.
4. Add the chilli powder, mixed herbs, garlic and salt and pepper. Stir again and cook on the slow cook function, low to normal for 6 hours or high for 3 hours.
5. Serve with rice or salad and garlic bread.
Adapt the recipe to how mild or hot you want it. I only used mild chilli powder as I added half of a red and green chilli, which is optional. We had it with rice and a salad today but we sometimes have it with garlic bread. This is a real family favourite in this house, and a go to if we need to get out quick after dinner.
This recipe will be up on my channel in the next few days if you want to see it live.
See you soon